Need high power advice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My stereo LM3875-based amp have been playing nicely for 6 months now, but sometimes it feels that it doesnt have the power I need all the time. Therefore im going to build a more powerfull amp.

I need some advice for highpower solutions based on the LM3886. I have been looking at the BPA300 but if someone have other solutions then please step forward. Im in need of good sound (love the gainclone) and about 200-300 Watts.

I have 20 LM3886, and I work at a electric manufacture company so I have almost unlimited axcess to resistors, caps etc. I also have a 2kVA toroid. So all i need now is a good schematic, or a hint how to make one (im not a newbie and i am pretty familiar with the LM-series). Please feel free to help me out :D

Best regards, Carl-Johan...

sasmit said:
why 3886 ? 4780 will do a better job..wouldn't it..?

CJ900RR said:

I have 20 LM3886 :D

Best regards, Carl-Johan...

two lm3886 has more heat transferring area than one lm4780

For me, working with two lm3886 is easier(pin layout and all)

Because the lm3886 amp is a single amp, if you need to repair an amp, you just have to remove a single amp chip instead of a double amp chip.

Hi,
do you want/need more power or more volume (SPL)?

The easy way, is to buy more sensitive speakers to better suit the limited outputs of the chipamps, particularly since you like the sound.

A speaker with an extra 3db will play as loud as doubling the power and one with 6db extra will manage to sound as loud as four times as much power.

Speakers in the range 90 to 94db/W can sound very nice and still not too expensive.
Much more than 94db begins to get expensive or are designed for PA duty.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.