Designing 4 channel ampli for Mid and Hi band using LM1875 or any other about 25 watt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

This is Makarand from INDIA , the new commer in Audio world.

I am going to make 3 Way Active Crossover Network for my home use. For the same I want to assemble 2 + 4 Channel ampli of 50 Watt RMS x 2 and 25 watt RMS x 4 channel . Actually I read detaild from www.sound.au.com , but I get confused for making such ampli , mainly about the requird Power Supply , Amplifier PCB etc. Can any one guide me or help me for completing this project.

Thanks.

Ok i guess i can help you.
We must start with to find a good amplifier circuit.
Do you perefer LM1875?
I guess Two LM1876 for each speaker box will be very suitable. Because you will use one channel for tweeter = 25W, one channel for mid = 25W and one channel for bass 50W on each box does it ok?
Then actually you need two LM1876. It includes stereo 25W amp in each chip. So you can use one for mid and tweeter, and one in bridge mode for bass.
This will be your mid and tweeter amp;
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This amp IC also has an internal mute and stby switch. That means you can control it remotely very very easy.
You will feed this two babies with just 2 x 24v symmetrical PSU. Means you'll buy a 2x18v 200W trafos and a 5A bridge rectifier and 10,000µF on each rail. Its that much easy.
And if we come to filter;
http://users.otenet.gr/~athsam/electronic_3w_crossover.htm
This is a link for 3 ways active crossover. But i guess itss some complex. It will need +/15v for supply. Then you can use your 2x24v and add 7815 and 7915 on rails.
Thats all. If you need more information pls feel free.

Setting Active Crossover Frequency

Hi ,

I am Makarand from INDIA.

Can any one help me about HOW TO SET CROSSOVER FREQUENCY for Active Crossover Network. I want to make 2 way active system for my home use. I already buy 8" Full Range woofer cone PA systems speaker for Mid and Bass section and I use 4" car speaker + 3" Tweeter for Hi pass section , this is becauseoff to full frequency responce. I can get Hi Quality speaker sets that is the reason why I select this.

Waiting reply , thanks.

Makarand

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.