opamp swap

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I hate to post a whole new thread for this but my searching has come up empty. i know there is all kinds if info online but none regarding my two choices at hand. maybe cause its not compatible, i dont know, so i ask diyaudio...

ok so i got this mic-pre with NE5534 opamps in it and i was wondering if i can put some AD744 in its place just to see the difference? is this possible?

thanks, Omar

ya, i have both data sheets, im just being lazy. :D see the pins seem to be in the same spots im just confused on the whole balance and null thing. im a noob. but thanks man, i guess i'll try to be productive and pretend to understand all that data on the sheets. ha

god dang 20+ views and no "yes" or "no"? i know you all know the answer and are just laughing seeing how long you could drag this out before i snap. :eek: :bigeyes: :xeye: there, i snapped.

Op amp balance and null circuits are rarely used in audio. They are only useful if you are using DC coupling with no DC blocking capacitors.

IMHO, the AD744 would be a poor choice for a microphone preamp. It would probably work, but it would be noisy. Try a good low noise bipolar input device like the AD797, OPA227/228, LT1028, LT1128, or LT1115 instead.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.