Pre Amp w/Chipamp sugestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,

I am considering building a GC and based upon the audiosector kit!!!

my intention will be to build a 2 channel version and if the sound is approperiate i will expand the kit to a 4 channel version !!

Can anyone suggest some preamp kits that would work well with a GC setup.

I would like to deal with the volume control on the preamp side

I figured I would post this topic here as I thought it would be the most approiate spot

thanks for any input in advance !!

Well you could build a simple Clean Preamp useing a couple Good opamps and breadboard it, If all you need is Volume controll then it would be extremely simple to design a basic Preamp that is clean and small and uses very few Parts......

Maybe useing a couple OPA627 chips or a OPA2604 chip with the first chip as a Buffer and then second with a Pot in the Feedback loop to controll Gain.....

The thing about adding a Preamp into your existing Gainclone is that you will need to have seperate supply Voltages for the Preamp stage as Most Opamps run best with a regulated +/-15v supply (+/-24v with the OPA2604) so you might have to build a seperate power supply for the Preamp or at least Mod your existing PSU with a couple Regulators to supply the preamp Voltages.....

I have a Power supply design that supplies Unregulated +/- Voltages for the Chip amp and regulated Voltages for the Preamp if that is something you want to try....It can also be used as a regulated Preamp supply......

You should be able to design a Simple Clean Preamp without any problems as long as you know the Basics of how to use Opamps....

Cheers

The DD buffered and regulated preamp is what i am after!!!

I'm almost certain there are no regulated GC kits.

Do you really want regulated? Have you heard it? ;) I always suggest starting with the basic GC, listening, and then if you want to try something different, you will be qualified to compare the difference!

The pre amps really are easy enough for a beginer to coonstruct on stripboard. The information on DD is comprehnesive enough for a newbie to follow. I know that because more than a few have written to tell me that they successfully completed one of those pre amp designs! :att'n:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.