Stk490-070, -340

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings,

Does anyone have the datasheets for these chips, or any other information regarding them? I was hoping to build a Quad amp with two -070's and maybe a bridged bass/guitar amp with the -340. I got the chips out of an AIWA 5.1ch receiver that irritated my last nerve. I have one STK4162II, the datasheet for which can be easily located online, but I don't have the second necessary for the quad design I have in mind. And before anyone says the first word about buying something, let me state that I build all my projects from 100% junk parts. Any help would be much appreciated!

Re: stk-070

billbo said:
If you google in stk-070 the first link takes you to the data sheet for it.

Are you saying that the STK490 and STK070 are equivalent? The STK490 has 23 pins. AFAIK the STK070 has 16. Perhaps you misread my posting.

In any event, I've had no luck gathering info on the STK490 and am therefore planning to use 4 HA1384's (1ch, 20W--from a Jaguar car stereo) instead. I don't really need the extra wattage of the STK's, but was merely hoping take advantage of their modernity, low distortion, muting and protection features.

I hope you didn't think I would have posted a question on this forum without putting at least several hours of effort into the mighty Google.

Re: stk490

billbo said:
Yeah you are right. Sorry mate.
If you can spare a few dollars you can buy a matching pair of stk's to make things easier for you. Ones you can still get data sheets for.
Rrgards
Billy D...

That's fine. Well, I was hoping that someone on this forum would have received the datasheets with chips they purchased. As for me, I can't bring myself to buy new parts when I know millions of perfectly good, functional electronics components and devices are being tossed into landfills daily. I've had no problems building many electronic projects and repairing hundreds of TVs, stereos and whatnot with practically $0 outlay for parts--although I do buy solder occasionally. Paying money for new parts would really suck the fun out of DIY for me.

Anyway, the HA1384's are working out quite well. I've got the full circuit for one channel breadboarded and it sounds great, both through speakers (in BTL configuration) and headphones (single ended). I like the single supply approach used by this older generation of car audio IC's. And I also like not having to use transformer or capacitor coupling (except in the case of the headphone jack). All that's left to do now is dig up an appropriate transformer for the power supply and construct the chassis--and I happen to have some (obsolete) phone-booths, the aluminum housings of which are perfect for fashioning various enclosures from; although my jig-saw is currently out-of-order.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.