Transformer Windings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i need some help. i did as stated in ILP pdf and immediatly popped a fuse. as you can see on the left there is an orange, brown, black and light pink (which im guessing is white). right next to those are another bunch of the same color code but there is a little yellow w/ green stripe wire with them, which the pdf states nothing of. i did the first config. and blew a line fuse once i hit the switch. what could i be doing wrong? there is so many wires, i think it was a custom torodial cuz the pdf doesnt mention most of them.
anyone have an idea? i'd much appreciate it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

hi,

your schematic does not jibe with the actual transformer as per your picture.

if i were you i'd proceed as follows:

1. i will connect a low voltage, say 6volts ac to any of the secondary windings.

2. measure voltages on the other windings. then i will connect those primary wires so that voltage from end to end add up.

looks to me you have dual primary windings with taps, (just a guess), the green yellow wire could be the electrostatic shield.

Hi,
build yourself a mains bulb tester.

Use it every time you want to switch on a new build project or maintenance/rebuild project for the first time.

The in series bulb prevents large currents flowing from the mains.

If you have wired the primaries of the transformer incorrectly, the bulb will glow bright absorbing the mains voltage and passing just a few volts to the bad appliance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.