Does Linear Technology have any good cip amps? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st January 2007, 12:48 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question Does Linear Technology have any good cip amps?

Newbie here so bear with me. I am wondering if Linear makes anything similar to the LM1875? I would really like to use the LM1875 for a project but I must be able to simulate the circuit and I haven't found any SPICE models for the LM1875.

I use LTSpice for capture/simulation so I am wondering if Linear makes any op amp that would work for a chip amp.

Thanks.
Old 23rd January 2007, 10:16 AM   #2
gootee is offline gootee  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Does Linear Technology have any good cip amps?

Quote:
Originally posted by shotcoach
Newbie here so bear with me. I am wondering if Linear makes anything similar to the LM1875? I would really like to use the LM1875 for a project but I must be able to simulate the circuit and I haven't found any SPICE models for the LM1875.

I use LTSpice for capture/simulation so I am wondering if Linear makes any op amp that would work for a chip amp.

Thanks.
Linear Tech Corp doesn't seem to have anything that they call a "power audio amp". But they have some chips that can push output currents of more than 1 amp. It probably won't help with your current quest, but you can take a look at this list of their high-current amps:

http://www.linear.com/pc/viewAllPara...54,C1009,C1028

I haven't found any spice models for any of National's chipamps, either, unfortunately. However, TI has the OPA541 and others in that family, which all have spice models available for downloading, directly from their product-description pages at http://www.ti.com . They work in LT-Spice without modification.

I've been using the OPA541E model (The "E" version of the model also includes "output supply mirror", quiescent current, diff input capacitance, and common mode input capacitance) as a sort-of "generic" chipamp model, lately, but would like to learn how to modify it to more-closely match the LM1875 and some of National's other chipamps (e.g. LM3875 & LM3886), or create my own models.

I've been told that it "shouldn't be too hard" to come up with a decent model for a particular chipamp, which would be almost identical to modeling most opamps. But I haven't yet delved into it. Please let me know if you come up with any better chipamp models.

The LT-Spice users' group might be of some help. It's at http://www.yahoogroups.com , and is excellent.

Good luck!

- Tom Gootee

http://www.fullnet.com/~tomg/index.html

-

Hide this!Advertise here!