lm3886 psu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i am about to begin building a lm3886 amp, and wondered what transformer would be appropriate for my application.

i will be using this to drive 8 ohm paradigm atoms (89db), and would like to only use only one transformer to begin with to keep costs and complexity down.

dual secondary transformers seem to be rather hard to locate, so i would ideally like to use something that will work with just one of the avel transformers i can easily order from parts express.

i would very much appreciate any of your opinions/suggestions. thanks.

-oh, and also, i was planning on using a 50k pot for volume. is this an appropriate value?

I´ve always used a single transformer within my stereo LM3886 amps. Of course it has dual secondaries, witch are necessary for split or dual power supply.
With a single secondary you need a different 'single supply' circuit. So have to change the layout etc. I won´t recommend it until you are more experienced.
But there´s no problem at all.
Transformers with dual secondaries are standard and easy to find.
I wonder if things overseas are that different.
Regards
Juergen

pinkmouse said:
These questions have been answered many,many times before. Did you search before posting? ;)

I really think this site is superb... except the search feature.

I've never seen such a poorly executed search function, especially when the I search for a specific term and it returns the first page of a 147 page thread. Really doesn't do me any good.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
shallbehealed said:

I really think this site is superb... except the search feature.

I've never seen such a poorly executed search function, especially when the I search for a specific term and it returns the first page of a 147 page thread. Really doesn't do me any good.

If you use the "Show results as posts" option in the Search Options section, it should help you find the relevant posts in long threads.

--
Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.