DNM style

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone out there, ahem, emulated a DNM PA1 power amp? (or even the newer one)
Much as I like my GCs, I can't get enough of my PA1 but would like to find a diy project that can equal / approach what it can do.
Having forked out much for it I'm wary of interfering with it but there must be some brave soul who has opened and mapped theirs?

I bought a PA1 off ebay early this year and it amazed me! So much so that I sold it ... and put down a deposit for a pair of 2nd hand PA2s I found (basically bridged PA1s with different power supplies). I'm normally too tight to spend much money, so it shows how good it was.

When I get them, hopefully soon but maybe not for a whiile, I'll take some photos of the insides to compare - thinking about it, I still have photos of the insides of my PA1 from when i sold it..

From what I've read, much of the cost of dnm designs is payment for the research and ideas with actual material costs quite low. Perfect reasons for cloning.

I'm not much of a DIYer to be honest (more of a paint-by-numbers fixer) but I'd love to see someone elsemake one of these for a fraction of their cost, simply because they sound so good.

Does anyone out there have a £6000 PA3S to open up?

DNM styley

Hi fellas and ta for replies. I've had a run of bad events with electronic devices (tho hopefully my current 3 are up) hence I'm a bit neurotic re accidentally knacking it but I may well get there soon.
'Scuse my ignorance but I haven't come across a BEL amp yet, what is / where is it found please?
Also I haven't come across PA2's - could you mean PA3's?
I have seen them on the site but know nothing of their construction though there are apparent similarities with PA1.
All have me drooling, prospect of remotely effective clone makes my back arch and fur begin to show, so say someone got pics good enough to draw from, then what?

Owooo!

I have that amp. Unfortunately the frequency response is falling down pretty steeply from 2 KHz & up . It is not a HI-FI amp in the sense. For Brits running small shitty monitors with no bass and all the mid high range exposed an amp like that was probably a blessing. It is a very simple circuit it appears and I may trace the schematic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.