Omelette on face: my apologgies to Larry Karlin.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to publically apologize to Larry Karlin and the members of this forum for my precipitous and, as it turns out, unwarranted rant about his failure to pay me for items bought on the Trading Post. A couple of days after my original posts I was contacted by Larry for advice on assembling a chip amp and when I got ugly with him he replied:

"whoah, hold on a sec. i have no intention of stiffing you. i had no idea until i just checked now that the transaction had been cancelled.

i must have clicked on an older account that i no longer use. in any case, i've had hundreds of transactions on headfi and ebay and have never had a negative feedback. sorry if that's what if looked like but that is not the case.

sorry for any inconvenience."

Larry has since done a second PayPal transfer that has cleared this morning.

Again, I apologize and I trust that any ill feelings will be directed at me, not Larry. My thanks to the moderators for quickly cutting the thread.

George Cole

Plea to bikehorn.

I recently found the Avatar in my pictures file, having gleefully downloaded it somewhere some time back. Did I steal it from you, bikehorn? If so, I did so only in tribute to the remarakable individual for whom it was designed. Can I keep on using it? Please, please, please?

I almost did that with Pay Pal myself recently...

It turns out that if you have your credit card number update/changed you can ADD it to the list of accounts pay pal uses when finishing a transaction, BUT... unless you clean up your profile and remove the old data... the OLD data will be used by default (as a first choice) and not the updated account used on the most recent transaction. It's easy to miss this when closing out a transaction.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.