My first DIY amplifier...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
after so much time thinking what amplifier kit should I start with, I decided to get my self into a Gainclone from Peter's Audiosector. I got the classic lm 3875.
While The kit arrives, I must get a transformer, wich peter recomend me 300VA/ 18vx2 AC transformer for my fostex FE20E7 speakers.

Does any body know a good site in Europe to buy a Toroidal Transformer? I thought it was going to be easy, but it's all kind of under specific demand...and I'm not shore if the input voltage is lower than 300, will that make a big diference. I think there was one in offer wich input was 250, and out put was 18x2

If there is a good place in London, Let me know olso because I'm going to London next week.

Cheers in advance, That's all for now... at the moment
:)

Ps, I must say, that Dungeons web site has good info for building Gc's, at least for begginers like me. I'll stick into those instructions which are very handy...thanks olso;)

juanito said:
Thanks for the links, and excuse for little knowledge in electric matters. I only follow the numbers given, but thanks for letting me know.

So, if the choice is between 300va, 225 or 250VA, what do you suggest?

Well, I would probably just go for the cheapest one :) When I bought mine I had planned to get a 300va, but at the time there was a 500va by the same manufacturer and for less money... so I got that instead :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.