diyAudio (
-   Chip Amps (
-   -   Does anybody know that cap? (

Dxvideo 7th December 2006 07:57 AM

Does anybody know that cap?
2 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I'm here with another stupid question. Does anybody know that capacitor? What type is it? Can i use it for audio signal coupling?
Thanks a lot in advance..

glennb 7th December 2006 10:42 AM

It looks like an ordinary 250 volt polyester / aluminium non-polarised cap. The value is blurry, but by the size it is probably in the range 0.5uF to 2 uF.

It doesn't seem to have markings for metallised poly types (eg. MKT, MKP, MMK, PP). It would be OK for audio coupling, eg. anode to following grid where V+ is <= 250 volts, or in a low voltage circuit.

Dxvideo 7th December 2006 11:02 AM

Its a 10F 250v. The salesman gave me when i ask for a metallised cap. Can you compare it with a MKT because i have 4.7F Philips MKTs. But i cannot find more capacity of MKT and somebody (AndrewT) said "use 10F for subwoofer amp DC blocking"
Should i use that one or my Philips 4.7 MKT?

pinkmouse 7th December 2006 11:03 AM

Either should work fine.

Dxvideo 7th December 2006 11:07 AM

Thank you Pink... I will use that one for my subwoofer amp...
Best regards,

AMV8 7th December 2006 04:46 PM

I have some caps of the same make. Mine are polypropylene and that looks the same but a higher value. from a comparison with mine I would say yours is 10uf 250v. If you need to know the make I will look it up - let me know.

Dxvideo 8th December 2006 06:59 AM

There is no readable code on it. Also i cannot read the brand of it. Can you take a photo for a comparison AMV8? Still i havent applied it to my amp!
Thanks in advance..

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:08 PM.

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 18.75%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio