Clipping vs Screwing Down Power Chips - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th December 2006, 01:09 AM   #31
v-bro is offline v-bro  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

But it looks so much like mayonaise...

I can imagine someone wondering how it would taste on some fries...
Old 16th December 2006, 03:18 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

I thought it was your neighbors to the south and west who liked the mayo and moules, of which we consumed beaucoup in Antwerp.

With apologies to Gene Shepherd this is what happens when you put your tongue where it doesn't belong. Shepherd, voice of WOR in the evening, a great ham radio nut and folklorist, author of the great American paen to the holiday season -- "Christmas Story" (also "In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash")

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 16th December 2006, 03:43 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

The neighbors to the south and west (Belgium and UK) don't need sauce, their fries are weak enough allready. We like'em crispy, with fritessauce (like mayo, but more creme-fraiche like and less greasy)...

The only place where I tasted nice crispy AND thin AND long fries was in France... if there's one thing they've got it is taste!

The fries sold as Flemish (Dutch language part of Belgium) fries here in Holland are thick, crispy on the outside, but soft potato-inside (and some peel left on them).... Very nice....And you can choose about 20 different kinds of sauce (never take samurai sauce unless you want to desolve some internal organs.... )

Sorry for the OT thingy here, but I guess all the pros and contras of clipping ICs have allready been highlighted....or at least I don't think I can add more to it...

Cheers!
Old 18th December 2006, 06:49 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Very nice mounting solution JackinNJ. One of the best I have seen for such packages. I guess most of you haven't read this good App Note from ST Micro. Has some good info, pictures and drawings.

Crap, more than 100KB. Let's see if I can find a link.

Ah, AN260

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/data.../6/AN260.shtml

And for those that like mayonaise (sick stuff to me) try mixing it 50/50 with ketchup and dip fries in it. Called Fry Sauce in Utah and some parts of Idaho. Some people llove it.

-SL
Old 18th December 2006, 10:15 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Well well, that datasheet covers about all possibilities in mounting to a sink. Good one!

P.s. I don't like mayo much either, fries are best with ketchup if y'ask me....(and I recently read ketchup is quite healthy stuff....contains more vitamins than fresh tomatoes...) Fries with ketchup and mayo are called 'fries special' here, don't ask how we call fries with mayo and sateh-sauce here, believe me you don't wanna know...

And another on-topic quetion rises, what other stuff can be used to conduct heat? Any sheets with properties and different materials would be very interesting...(I was thinking mastic silicone based glue, could save people from having to clip or screw....)

Hide this!Advertise here!