Lego Fun

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you're building big stuff, try mega-blocks, they cost about 1/2 of what Lego costs and come in more colors. They will fit with the Lego parts, too, though they aren't manufactured to the same fit and finish as the Lego blocks. I think you can get them at Target and Wal-mart.

I_F

I_Forgot said:
If you're building big stuff, try mega-blocks, they cost about 1/2 of what Lego costs and come in more colors. They will fit with the Lego parts, too, though they aren't manufactured to the same fit and finish as the Lego blocks. I think you can get them at Target and Wal-mart.

I_F

yeah my boys have a lot of MegaBlok stuff as well but I was determined to keep this strictly a Lego project. Plus as mentioned, MegaBloks build and finish quality just isn;t up to par with the Lego stuff.

Thanks for the positive comments from everyone.

Noidster

neutron7 said:
I am so happy you did not say "Legos" for some reason that really bothers me :)

Actually he did: "The subwoofer will be built completely out of Legos as well and house a single Peerless 8"er"

For shame, Noid. I remember a Lego catalogue from the '80 explicitly stating that the plural of Lego is Lego and no time shall the term "Legos" be used.

And about the Mega Blocks, Not only are they an inferior product, they are not Danish. Since you are using a Peerless driver, Lego is a must (Never mind that Lego isn't actually made in Denmark anymore) to maintain the Danish signature sound.

Excellent idea by the way, I just wonder how effective Lego is at 'blocking' EMI as compared to a metal chassis.;)

Max

maxro said:

Actually he did: "The subwoofer will be built completely out of Legos as well and house a single Peerless 8"er"

For shame, Noid. I remember a Lego catalogue from the '80 explicitly stating that the plural of Lego is Lego and no time shall the term "Legos" be used.

Max

Bravo, nice catch. I will indeed be correcting that this evening when I have more time for the computer.

Originally posted by neutron7
why don't you make the amp more color coordinated. you know it will sound better

Actually, that was the hard part of the build I think. If you take a closer look, there isn;t two bricks of the same color touching each other ANYWHERE. This theme continues with the speakers as well.

Noidster

theNoid said:
Hey all, I've been playin' around with my kid's toys last coupe of days and this is what I came up with...

http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/noidster/legoamp.html

...as mentioned on the webby, I will be finishing it up in the next couple of days and will update the webby with better pics and info.

Noidster

Did anyone ever find a golden brick or was it just a myth?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.