.. are TDA1514a **** or what ..??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi to all..!

just wanted to ask if those tda1514a are reliable devices .. or is it more like a russian roulette ... baybe it'll blow - maybe it wont..

in my case the bloody device seems to have an output transistor shorted.. when i raise the supply +/- voltage (with no input) it moves the speaker backwards proportionaly to the applied symetrical voltage .. dc output .. at ~6volts it draws 1amp from the negative rail only..

and this is from the very first power-up..

.. what do you think .. should i buy & try another one ? or just forget them tda's..
the implementation is from datasheet whith no bootstrap.. but i also tried with it ..
i kinda hear other people blowing them also..

is there a safer schematic ..maybe??

Attachments

• cheapamp3.jpg
    cheapamp3.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 306
1514A is probably the most sounding PowAmp Chip to me.
It IS reliable unless You are too hard on it. Just look into the datasheet and obey maximum ratings, estimate the normal voltage at certain load.
Another thing to be kept in mind the device is quite sensitive
and to prevent your amp from oscilation you have to make a good
PCB. And the last and the sadest thing is the chip is a fake, sorry but true...
Remember, PHILIPS's parts aren't marked in white. The signs shoult be of dirty-yellow colour.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.