A quick question about humming / buzzing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry, yes, the CSG connection is on the PCB and I would assume that at some point they should go to a star ground point, which would then connect to the safety earth through a disconnecting network. Currently there is no connection to safety earth, though when I was experimenting before it made no difference if there was a connection or not.

This may not be an ideal solution, but it is working reasonably well for the moment, certainly a lot more tolerable than before when I could hear it over the computer! :xeye:

What I am pleased about is the quality, I only wished I had this grounding solution in place when I had it connected my my Audiolab transport / DAC, Pre-amp and my Monitor Audios, as the £50 Sony CD player and Mission 772s I have for the computer just don't cut it! I can't believe how much more tight and defined the bass is than an Audiolab Bi-amped (8000S and SX) set up!! Madness for the money!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.