lookin for 3D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've recently built myself a pair of SL's Pluto speakers, based around TI's LM3886 chips. I've modded them a bit, and am very happy with them. My only desire though, it to get more depth to the soundstage. Neglecting source and room changes, what could I do to the electronics to try and help this - or am I out of luck...

What effects the depth//linearity of low level detail anyway? Distortion?
Please, teach me..

-Patricio

the schematic is here:
http://linkwitzlab.com/Pluto/electronics.htm

I origionally built the Plutos to spec, and since then, improved them quite a bit by building a better enclosure for the circuits and upgrading almost every cap to BG or Auricaps. Any you are right, they are very good speakers. But not the best.

I have done a fair amount of room treatments, and set up in a number of different rooms. I will work some more on this, since a few people have suggested it.

In my head thougth, I'm thinking better low level resolution and/or better high power dynamics...

Is there any possible gain to the latter by increasing the PSU capacitance?

I wonder if the real lack of depth I feel is because my source is CD. I am comparing these speakers to a very expensive system using vinyl as the source....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.