BPA200, replacing LF412ACN with?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI Calle

Normaly you should be able to replace LF413 with all most any other DUAL op-amp, but why would you. ??
It is part of the DC-servo, so the only real important parameter is its offset. Something like the AD712 (I think it is called) might be better in that respect.

Your DC-servo will not sound "better" by putting a fancy Dual op-amp into it.

I have no problem using a DC-servo (see some of my other replys), but people that don't like them are normally against the hole "topology" more than a single component.

Have fun

The servo opamp will feed back audio signals up to 500 Hz to 1 kHz. So it must be good in those frequenies which most decent opamps are. Over 100 Hz a very small part of the audio signal goes through the servo. As Thomas says almost any opamp will fit. Personally I chosen an AN8620 as a buffer + servo and for the servo part it's massive overkill but it's nice with 80 uV offset! :) You can see my implementaion of AN-1192 at my homepage.

The servo opamp will feed back audio signals up to 500 Hz to 1 kHz. So it must be good in those frequenies which most decent opamps are. Over 100 Hz a very small part of the audio signal goes through the servo. As Thomas says almost any opamp will fit. Personally I chosen an AD8620 (or OPA2134) as a buffer + servo and for the servo part it's massive overkill but it's nice with 80 uV offset! :) You can see my implementaion of AN-1192 at my homepage.

Thank you for your answer. That was what I thougt. And today I found some LF411 and LF412 stuffed away at my work. But they where labeled only CN, not ACN. But what I can see from the datasheet its only V-rating that difference from the ACN-version... I will try them first.

But I have a new question. How do I do with the mute-part of the LM886. Do i need mute-resistors and cap's for every LM3886, or do I need only one to mute them all?

Best regards, Calle...

The mute resistor is very important. No resistor = MUTE.

10k is a normal value but I did chose 33k + 100 uF just because I wanted a longer delay _with_ a 100 uF cap. If you don't want the delay, just omit the capacitor but it may be a good idea to have it since you have a DC servo which may create a small startup transient. Please check the datasheet and the diagram over this mute resistor. You should have more than 0.5 mA from that pin.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.