New Chipamp Kit Maker - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st August 2007, 06:41 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by salesmonster
I have purchased (and anxiously awaiting) a pair of the amps + the power supply and some odds and ends.

I made the purchase for practical reasons. Others may see the price as a bit high. I see the added cost as insurance. Insurance that all the parts are the right parts. Insurance that once I start the project, I will have the documentation and support to finish the project. Insurance that I continue this new found hobby after my first project, instead of stopping halfway through...frustrated and beaten. Personally, I would rather spend a few more dollars for a project that I am sure I can complete.

There will be plenty of opportunities after this project to make grander and more complicated toys. I'm even already thinking about tweeks I can preform on the power supply.

That said, I think the kits look solidly engineered. The products seem aimed at a reasonable balance of price vs. performance. The manuals look very well thought out and complete.

That isn't to say that there aren't other good products out there. Some may ultimately be cheaper, depending on how you measure cost. Some my sound better to your ears. We all make purchasing decisions based on what's important to us.

EZAmps offer one stop shopping. They are offering a gateway for people to enter this amazingly complex and overwhelming world of DIY Audio. We need those new recruits to keep this hobby vibrant and growing. Bravo to EZAmps, and hopefully we will see more products from them in the future.
Hello! I got your order in yesterday. I will be shipping it tomorrow with all the accessories you wanted. Thanks, and please let me know if there is anything else I can do!

Aaron Hammett
Old 31st August 2007, 07:35 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

I am not sure but just a feeling that, the PCB layout seems like this is a China OEM kits?

Or of course someone can say just China too many copy cat so should be China kits looks like Western design?
Old 1st September 2007, 02:59 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by goldkenn
I am not sure but just a feeling that, the PCB layout seems like this is a China OEM kits?

Or of course someone can say just China too many copy cat so should be China kits looks like Western design?
Thank you! I respect your observation and am quite flattered. However, the PointZero is 100% my design (Envision Electronics owner of EZAmps.com in Dayton, Ohio), from concept to manufacturing. The FR-4 boards themselves are fabricated in China - but that is where the similarities end. Nobody else is manufacturing this amp, to my knowledge. I have researched it thoroughly.
Old 1st September 2007, 07:15 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

I a sure this is your design which you are not simply buy something then stuck on your own label, however, if you print the board in China, I am said to tell that even a Chinese from Hong Kong as me will not trust Chinese from Mainland, so good luck and don't ever think about save cost for making much profit then place production in China..... except you save cost but then sell cheap, make even China copy cat have no space to steal, or you have your own investment for you own prodcution line, and will check production fequently in person at China.
Old 1st September 2007, 09:01 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by goldkenn
I a sure this is your design which you are not simply buy something then stuck on your own label, however, if you print the board in China, I am said to tell that even a Chinese from Hong Kong as me will not trust Chinese from Mainland, so good luck and don't ever think about save cost for making much profit then place production in China..... except you save cost but then sell cheap, make even China copy cat have no space to steal, or you have your own investment for you own prodcution line, and will check production fequently in person at China.
I buy some parts from China, and my boards are produced in Shenzhen, but none of my products are assembled in China. If I do ever plan to have anything made there, I will restrict to parts or assemblies that are finalized in USA - so it would be very difficult to copy if they do not know the end product. I will not make original design products in mainland China without inspections.
Old 2nd September 2007, 02:34 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

They look like very nice products, as a newcomer in the DIY audio chip amp world, I am willing to spend a few more bucks for something that comes with everything...

I have looked at your site thoroughly and like what I see, read through the manual and it all seemed very easy to follow, I look forward to using your products very soon, as my first Hi-Fi attempt at an amplifier...

Cheers,
Sergio

Hide this!Advertise here!