a split tqwp speaker for my chipamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To everybody on the forum,

As a job, I work with children(10-18 years old) and one day (about a year ago) I decided to do some nice "handwork" with some kids. So I have to design a simple to build loudspeaker and a chipamp for them. For now I'm convinced that everybody can build these speakers because all the kids, girls and boys in the age of 13-15, have now finished the project. There is one little problem : the finished speakers don't get to the children's own room; most parents ask me for the drawings to build them for their own use and until then they want to keep the children's speakers . Which means to me that they are fun and sounding pretty good.
I will post some pics on the forum, because they are easy to build and will work with a lot of 5 inch speakers ( I putt a lott of effort in creating a full range out of a bass speaker but didn't quite succeed) I tried several speaker units in the boxes.

Hope everybody has some fun.

Dear moderators ;

I do hope that this thread is allowed on the chipamp forum.
My basic idea was ; That it is quit on the forum, so some synergie design probably give a bit of live back to the forum.
We did try a Philips class D Home theatre amp but the speakers sounded a lot beter with a chipamp ( basic NI Lm 1875)

Attachments

• spl tqwp sketch.jpg
    spl tqwp sketch.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 301
Wonderful project, Leonidas. I'm doing something for the kids, too...a retro vintage Fender look cabinet with a single Audax 5.25" coaxial powered by a single LM3875 GC kit. My biggest problem now is deciding on the best approach to sum the stereo channels from the iPod into one mono input.

Hello CarlosT,

Very satisfied, myself, after working with kids.
Any pics or drawings of your project??
Why don't you try the mono(just one lm3875)?
There also is a lot of stuf on the forum : how to bridge chipamps.
You can perform a search.

Whish you a lot of joy with the kids!!
One problem I had was working with 230Volt,
I decided that they could do everything on their own , ecxept rhe seperate case including the tranny.
This part had to be inspected by me , before they may use it. Just for safety reasons.

If I can be of any help, just let me know !
For children (and adults who are trying to inspire children)I'm always there.

One more pic of a modded speaker, very useble as full rang and guitar use.

Good luck, Leon

Attachments

• phase plug.jpg
    phase plug.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 120
Sorry CarlosT,

After re-reading your post I realised that I misunderstood your question.
So my second answer :
As far as I know you can join your stereo source signals ;
right and left plus together and the same way with th two grounds.
That's the way a stereo/mono switch works in several stereo amps.

And another pic of a semi spiral side horn.

Attachments

• tqwphorn inside 2.jpg
    tqwphorn inside 2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 113
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.