LM3886 & LM3876 Step-by-step P2P Guides??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for P2P wiring guides for the LM3886 and LM3876. So far I have only been able to find a Point to Point, step by step wiring guide for the LM4780 here: (Mind Boggling that it's even possible)
http://www.mhennessy2.f9.co.uk/microamp/construction.htm

I'm looking for something similar for these other two chips. I know they must be much simpler then the Stereo chip, but I don't really want to re-invent the wheel since I know these chips have been P2P'd many, many times before.

Why can"t you just look at the LM3886 schematic and simply wire it up P2P or on Perfboard?? Seems that you don"t really need a wireing guide as there are only a few components so the P2P wireing would be extremely simple.....

I actually just designed a PCB and etched the PCB for a LM3886 Power amp and drilled and stuffed it in just a couple hours yesterday so I"m sure you could figure out the P2P from the schematic in a fraction of the time.....

In case you decide to go the PCB route you can use this one which i just did....

Cheers

PS: They should be actual size and the traces are as Big as I could make them...The Bottom pic is right 90degrees to the top pic....

Attachments

• lm3668 power-amp pcb.jpg
    lm3668 power-amp pcb.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,299
Actually I was hoping to wire them up with Rat Shack Perf Board, I even had the layout all nicely planned! But when my chips arrived yesterday I discovered that the spacing is all out of whack and the pins dont line up with the holes! So I thought I would look into the idea of doing P2P. I will have to look around for some suitable perf board to see there is any... If not then maybe I will etch my own board or P2P. I havn't made a final decision yet.

I do have a copy of Eagle and have done a couple simple bords for other projects. If you layed out that board in Eagle it'd be great if you could share your files.

Hi, I actually don"t use Eagle as I think the Free version has a Component or Size limit and many of my Boards are much larger than there size limit....

The program I used was Express PCB, the Pin spaceing shuld be correct in the PCB Layout that i posted for the LM3886 Chip and if printed out at 100% it should be the correct size....

I actually have never been able to get the Spaceing 100% perfect for the LM3866 but it is good enough so that all Pins fit without haveing to bend any Pins to much.....

This is the second Chip amp I have had to build in the last week as my first one was riddled with problems...I was useing the Chipamp as the power amp stage for my Guitar amp and I just couldn"t get it working properly so I decided to start from scratch and redesign the whole thing but this Time I am useing a Discrete J-Fet preamp stage based on a fender preamp and on a seperate board from the power amp stage and seperate from the distortion circuit, this way if one circuit has a problem I don"t have to scrap the whole amp like I did before and If I want to add a different guitar effect I can install the Circuit easilly....

well good luck....

Cheers

zenon said:
Actually I was hoping to wire them up with Rat Shack Perf Board, I even had the layout all nicely planned! But when my chips arrived yesterday I discovered that the spacing is all out of whack and the pins dont line up with the holes! So I thought I would look into the idea of doing P2P. I will have to look around for some suitable perf board to see there is any... If not then maybe I will etch my own board or P2P. I havn't made a final decision yet.

I do have a copy of Eagle and have done a couple simple bords for other projects. If you layed out that board in Eagle it'd be great if you could share your files.

I did not do it myself but somewhere I read that you can mount a LM3886 on perfboard by turning it 45°. The schematic is no longer "rectangular" then, but the chip should fit.

The RS board is the same we used for the CMOY's. The Mono Chips fit perfectly @ a 45 degree angle. I actually bought the board to make a 4th order active filter network with some OPA2227's I got as samples. I am now just waiting on some LM3886 samples and planning everything out.

Right now I plan on using a Hammond Enclosure (RMCV190513BK1).

You should build an active highpass filter for those towers Gio.... Or maybe just head down the 2-way full active route I am!

CMOY
http://tangentsoft.net/audio/cmoy-tutorial/

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.