LM3886 and LM4780 Eagle outlines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you find some eagle lbr for the 3886/3875 made by a Andrew or something simulare, dont remember exactly, do NOT use it.

It has the wrong hole-size AND wrong pitch (disstance between the legs). I used it for my boards and had to drill and mixture alot to fit my LM3875 in to it.

If you are talking about lmopamp.lbr file, then I had no problems using the LM3886 outline on the board. Fitted perfectly. The pitch is ok. If this is the problem, perhaps you can check if your printing dimensions are coming out fine.

There is a problem with the schematic however. Some pins (I think 8, 4, 5 ) dont "connect" as they were not aligned with the grid. I manually edited the schematic for LM3886 and fixed this.

diarav said:
If you are talking about lmopamp.lbr file, then I had no problems using the LM3886 outline on the board. Fitted perfectly. The pitch is ok. If this is the problem, perhaps you can check if your printing dimensions are coming out fine.

There is a problem with the schematic however. Some pins (I think 8, 4, 5 ) dont "connect" as they were not aligned with the grid. I manually edited the schematic for LM3886 and fixed this.

No I dont think it was that one. But I am not shure. In Eagle's library-list it was named "Andrew custom" I think..

The files was send to a real PCB manufacturing company, a company that deliver weekly to my work, and we never have any problems with their quality. And everything else on the PCB was correct, so my guess is still that it was the library.

CJ900RR said:

No I dont think it was that one. But I am not shure. In Eagle's library-list it was named "Andrew custom" I think..

The files was send to a real PCB manufacturing company, a company that deliver weekly to my work, and we never have any problems with their quality. And everything else on the PCB was correct, so my guess is still that it was the library.

I can confirm, "Andrew - Custom", don't use it.
I had the same problem, PCB from manufacturing company and then a lot of work to fit the LM3886 with force because of too small holes.

ciao
andrea

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.