Shorting Brian's LM3886 dual mono - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th October 2006, 10:09 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Shorting Brian's LM3886 dual mono

My brain is mush, so I'd be grateful for some help. My PSU's deliver the expected voltage when nothing's connected: 35v +/- to pg +/-. But when I connect the amplifier boards the thing shorts out and the PSU diodes start to heat up.

This is a preliminary setup for testing.
Transformer with dual outputs, 25v when using center tap on each. The PSU's are fully populated so I figure I have some outputs "extra" but no harm done. Might be wrong about that.
I parallelled the outputs from the transformator on the white strip to the right of the lower PSU. (There are two short strips that just hold unused secondaries in place.)
There is something very wrong here that I'm just not seeing from the deep rut I've put myself in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lm3886tf-2.jpg (98.8 KB, 364 views)
Old 13th October 2006, 08:33 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Never mind, all fixed now.

Hide this!Advertise here!