What happens if I put a clipped INPUT into a gainclone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
whatsnext said:
if you replace the word schem with layout at the end of the link it will show you where all the wires go. This is an all octal amp. Once I find the Gibson schematic that uses 9 pin tubes I'll post it.

Sweet!

However, I think I found the solution: A 1/2 watt push-pull amp.

Firebottel Moonlight

What if this were converted to single-ended use? If the output were biased properly, I could build two seperate amplifiers each using half of the three tubes.

People have noted success with 6800 ohm primaries on the output transformer, so an input impeadance of 10k should be about right.

Any thoughts?

Why would you convert this to SE? You'd have like 1/10th of a watt. I see no point in something like this or the Firefly because it is no simpler than a SE 6v6(or other tube) but is way less usefull because it makes less power. I would use both halves of a 12AX7 in cascade driving one output tube. What could be simpler? If you want to get fancy pilfer the tone stack out of an early Plexi.
John........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.