Before any solder is spilled...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm on the verge of assembling my "cost-no-object" monobloc chip amps. I've assembed the following parts.

Amp components:

Peter's premium amp boards;
LM3875TF chips;
Caddock MK132 R1, R2, and Rnfb resistors;
Shinkoh tantalum 680 ohm resistors;
Rubycon ZL 100/100 capacitors;
Goldpoint Mini-V 50K attenuators (surface mount resistors);
Vampire cu RCA jacks;
Music Post cu speaker terminals.

Power supply components:

Plitron RFI/EMI shielded, 2 x 22v @ 300 vA toroidal transformers;
Reference Audio Mods Exotic HV rectifier bridges (super fast surface mount diodes PTP wired);
Jenson four pole electrolytic 1000/200 capacitors;
Furutech IEC panel mount AC connectors;
Radio Shack screw-cap panel mount fuse holders;
Carling 10A switches.

Components will be mounted in a rubber-cork damped 230x230x80 mm Galaxy chassis with a custom made oak front panel. Power hook up wire and signal output wire will be hand made 4 strand litz wire constructed from Vampire CCC 20ga magnet wire, damped with beeswax. Input wire will be hand made 4 strand litz wire constructed from 26.5 ga magnet wire, also damped with beeswax. The power side of the chassis will be seperated from the amp side with a doubled thickness of TI Shield, and the rectifier bridges and power caps will be potted (50% paraffin, 50% petroleum jelly) in a TI Shield "bathtub." The chip will be affixed with Arctic Silver grease to one of the heat sink sides of the chassis. All caps will be "naked," and the Rubycons will be dipped in beeswax.

I'll be driving the amps directly with a high output Ack D'Ack 2.0 using short litz wire interconnects. The amps will be driving Fostex 127s full range in Tom Z's PAWO cabinets through short litz wire cables.

Any suggestions of any type are appreciated, although I will not respond to comments on my personal hygiene. I will use a star ground in each amp chassis, but I'm not sure where to locate it. Again, I will not repond to suggesstions that I utilize remote rectal grounding.

Thanks.

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.