Please explain for me (dummy) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2006, 02:40 PM   #1
CJ900RR is offline CJ900RR  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Question Please explain for me (dummy)

Everyone was friendly and explained werry well for me how to calculate gain and other thing needed when calculating electronics around the LM3886/3875. Thank's

i would now like to learn the basic's around OP-amps needed when designing a buffer or a preamp. What to think about, desired gain and everything else.

So if you feel like taking your time and learn a beginner, your help is more then welcomed. Thank you in advance!

Best regards, CJ900RR
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2006, 03:07 PM   #2
diyAudio Member
 
I_Forgot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Phoenix, Az.
I suggest that you do a simple web search or go to your local library and pick up a book on electronics, and by all means start with the data sheet for the chip. There are thousands of web sites devoted to electronics.

Horowitz and Hill's "The Art of Electronics" is a good book that provides a broad overview of electronics for different purposes, including basic op-amp theory and practice.

These forums are really not for beginners. Here you will hear from people who think resistors sound different depending on the direction they are wired, that the finish on the box your amplifier is built in will affect the sound (gotta use rare, endangered species woods and violin lacquer!), and similar nonsense. As a beginner you need to focus on learning basic principles so that when the time comes to visit forums like this you can separate the BS from the occasionally useful info that gets posted here.

Study hard!

I_F
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2006, 03:15 PM   #3
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
You might want to check out "Op Amps For Everyone":

http://focus.ti.com/lit/an/slod006b/slod006b.pdf

Cheers,
Dennis
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2006, 04:43 PM   #4
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member
 
Nordic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
also you may want to look at building a cmoy headphone amp or 2, these are generaly low component (similar to GC) and safe and easy learning tools.... being battery operated you can generaly make as many mistakes as you want and only run the battery flat at worst.
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2006, 02:01 PM   #5
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default Why don't you have a tutorial section?

or answer the question? with all the typing, it would be easier to

just answer the questions.
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2006, 02:35 PM   #6
CJ900RR is offline CJ900RR  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally posted by I_Forgot
I suggest that you do a simple web search or go to your local library and pick up a book on electronics, and by all means start with the data sheet for the chip. There are thousands of web sites devoted to electronics.

Horowitz and Hill's "The Art of Electronics" is a good book that provides a broad overview of electronics for different purposes, including basic op-amp theory and practice.

These forums are really not for beginners. Here you will hear from people who think resistors sound different depending on the direction they are wired, that the finish on the box your amplifier is built in will affect the sound (gotta use rare, endangered species woods and violin lacquer!), and similar nonsense. As a beginner you need to focus on learning basic principles so that when the time comes to visit forums like this you can separate the BS from the occasionally useful info that gets posted here.

Study hard!

I_F
Thank you but i have studied electronics for 3 years, and have worked with it for 7 years, so i am not a beginner

Maybe i should have developed my question a bit further. What i want is to know how to design arround op-amps when it comes to preamp and buffers. Dessired gain and so on


Quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Hui
You might want to check out "Op Amps For Everyone":

http://focus.ti.com/lit/an/slod006b/slod006b.pdf

Cheers,
Dennis
Thank you! A good link with a lot of information. Now i have something to read for the next weeks
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2006, 02:45 PM   #7
diyAudio Moderator
 
pinkmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Chatham, England
Default Re: Why don't you have a tutorial section?

Quote:
Originally posted by ppcblaster
or answer the question? with all the typing, it would be easier to just answer the questions.
Most of the answers are already here, but our members get bored answering the same questions time after time, and it's that old fish/fishing net parable. Still, if you want to write a beginners guide, feel free, after all, this is a group effort!
__________________
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2006, 03:10 PM   #8
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member
 
Nordic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Yep yep, you definatly created the wrong impression with the question's format...

Maybe you will just have to work through this yourself a bit and then bounce your conclusions on this board... you will get much constructive feedback that way.

I suppose you first need to understand the relationship between power available, bandwidth and gain.. i.e. what happens when you have too little or too much.....

The short way to your goal would be to find out what your source's output levels are, decide what input level you want for your next stage and work backwards from there....
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
explain to a dummy Thebrain Multi-Way 14 11th October 2009 04:12 AM
Tri Dummy Load raudio1969 Parts 0 25th February 2009 01:14 AM
Help this dummy davidlzimmer Multi-Way 1 28th April 2006 04:32 PM
Dummy needs help davidlzimmer Solid State 15 24th March 2006 11:44 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:19 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2