Please explain for me (dummy)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Everyone was friendly and explained werry well for me how to calculate gain and other thing needed when calculating electronics around the LM3886/3875. Thank's :)

i would now like to learn the basic's around OP-amps needed when designing a buffer or a preamp. What to think about, desired gain and everything else.

So if you feel like taking your time and learn a beginner, your help is more then welcomed. Thank you in advance!

Best regards, CJ900RR

I suggest that you do a simple web search or go to your local library and pick up a book on electronics, and by all means start with the data sheet for the chip. There are thousands of web sites devoted to electronics.

Horowitz and Hill's "The Art of Electronics" is a good book that provides a broad overview of electronics for different purposes, including basic op-amp theory and practice.

These forums are really not for beginners. Here you will hear from people who think resistors sound different depending on the direction they are wired, that the finish on the box your amplifier is built in will affect the sound (gotta use rare, endangered species woods and violin lacquer!), and similar nonsense. As a beginner you need to focus on learning basic principles so that when the time comes to visit forums like this you can separate the BS from the occasionally useful info that gets posted here.

Study hard!

I_F

I_Forgot said:
I suggest that you do a simple web search or go to your local library and pick up a book on electronics, and by all means start with the data sheet for the chip. There are thousands of web sites devoted to electronics.

Horowitz and Hill's "The Art of Electronics" is a good book that provides a broad overview of electronics for different purposes, including basic op-amp theory and practice.

These forums are really not for beginners. Here you will hear from people who think resistors sound different depending on the direction they are wired, that the finish on the box your amplifier is built in will affect the sound (gotta use rare, endangered species woods and violin lacquer!), and similar nonsense. As a beginner you need to focus on learning basic principles so that when the time comes to visit forums like this you can separate the BS from the occasionally useful info that gets posted here.

Study hard!

I_F

Thank you but i have studied electronics for 3 years, and have worked with it for 7 years, so i am not a beginner :smash:

Maybe i should have developed my question a bit further. What i want is to know how to design arround op-amps when it comes to preamp and buffers. Dessired gain and so on :)

Dennis Hui said:
You might want to check out "Op Amps For Everyone":

http://focus.ti.com/lit/an/slod006b/slod006b.pdf

Cheers,
Dennis

Thank you! A good link with a lot of information. Now i have something to read for the next weeks :clown:

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Re: Why don't you have a tutorial section?

ppcblaster said:
or answer the question? with all the typing, it would be easier to just answer the questions.

Most of the answers are already here, but our members get bored answering the same questions time after time, and it's that old fish/fishing net parable. Still, if you want to write a beginners guide, feel free, after all, this is a group effort! :)

Yep yep, you definatly created the wrong impression with the question's format...

Maybe you will just have to work through this yourself a bit and then bounce your conclusions on this board... you will get much constructive feedback that way.

I suppose you first need to understand the relationship between power available, bandwidth and gain.. i.e. what happens when you have too little or too much.....

The short way to your goal would be to find out what your source's output levels are, decide what input level you want for your next stage and work backwards from there....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.