What SLA for my T-Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys
I'm looking to get a small SLA battery to run My T-amp when i go to the park, beach and etc.

My idea is for the battery to be as small and light as possible, and at the same time make the T-amp sound great and have a similar runtime of running 8 2500mah AA.

thanks for the help.

Cheers!!!

Ok.
a read somewhere that 1.3ah SLA should give the T-amp 6 hours runtime.
I think thats probably not enough for a day outdoors.

So I can remove the 1.3ah from the list.

2.2 ah should give about twice the runtime as 1.3 (nearly 12 hours)
Anything more than 2.2ah would be great but... they're nearly twice as much.
30 bucks instead of 15. so i dont think theyre worth it.

7ah are as cheap as the 1.3 for $15 and would give an incredible runtime of.. days!

but they're freaking heavy and big.

I think i should stick to 2.2ah, what do you guys think???

I started out on 4.5A ni-cads I got for free.
I went to a bicycle shop where they repair electric bicycles, got an old pack (from a yamaha "pas") from them. Opened the pack and found enough good 1.2volt cells with soldering tabs to make three 12 volt battery's. put the pack in the tightest bottle I could find and put a fuse inside and a couple of "thermal-breakers".
Installed a female xlr-plug in the bottle mouth(find them very handy for powering applications).

I still had a good "graupner"ultramat battery charger and have a battery full (from a car battery or PSU) within 1.2 hours.

I still use them to power my amp and would advise them to anybody. Nicads can "dump" their load very fast and your amp can have all the power it needs anytime....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.