Motorcycle Intercom Input Mixer w/Override

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks!

I'm a newbie here and I'm looking for some help. I have an intercom on my motorcycle that has a single input for music. The intercom is only a couple of years old and fairly modern but it lacks the ablitly to manage multiple inputs. (If anyone cares, it's an Autocom Active-7. ) I'm trying to connect my XM radio as an input along with 'alerts' from my Garmin Quest and Passport radar detector. What I would like to do is mix the three inputs into a single output to be fed to the intercom music input. I would also like to have the XM radio input automatically muted, or overriden, when there is input from either the GPS or radar detector. The finished mixer needs to run on the 12v from the bike and needs to be relatively small.

I'm hoping there's a reasonably simple circuit that will fill my needs, but I don't know if I need to worry about things like impedance matching, input level adjusting, etc. I also need to make sure the parts are readily available.

My electronics skills are somewhat rusty and dated, but I can certainly follow a schematic and do assembly work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the response ralford. :)

All of the solutions MixIt provides are over $100.00. In addition, it appears as though they are meant to have a single override of multiple inputs and I'm looking for just the opposite - multiple overrides of a single music input - for GPS and a radar detector.

I'm just about finished with the project using the DG409 ($1.50)and it seems to work great! No distortion - or at least none that is discernable with helmet headphones. I've got one output, one music input and two (could have had three) 'alert' inputs that override the music. Very cool! :D

I've learned a lot from lurking here and reading past posts and I want to say thanks to everyone for their help! :worship:

Chris

HiOSilver said:
......I'm just about finished with the project using the DG409 ($1.50)and it seems to work great! No distortion - or at least none that is discernable with helmet headphones. I've got one output, one music input and two (could have had three) 'alert' inputs that override the music. Very cool! :D ........

Chris

Can you give more details of your project? I would be intrested in the same thing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.