modding a marshall ms-2 for more volume

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey guys....this is my first post.
this seems like a great forum, i'm surprised i haven't found it earlier!

i was told that the chip in this circuit is capable of more volume than the ms-2 puts out stock.
i use this amp for pedal and guitar debugging, i have also used it as a monitor amp when circuit tracing a problem in one of my other amps.

i could really use more volume/headroom and cleaner output. are there any mods anyone can suggest?

It is a tiny "micro amp" right?

http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/prod...&product=Marshall+MS-2+Micro+Amp+(Black),+New

that one? iif Barbie played a guitar that would be about the right size marshall stack :)

you could get a used, big ghetto blaster and it will have at least 3 watts (per channel) instead of 1 and have better speakers. it will not have "marshall" styling though

or if you want to suprise everyopne with the little marshall change the chip, power supply and speaker. if you can make it all fit. it would be a cool mod actually. but it would increase the cost up to the price of a decent practice amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.