Please Help!!! me decide on a chipamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was excited to start on a chip amp but with so many variations out now I don't know where to start. There are some specific things that I am looking for though.

I'm looking for a gainclone that has

- atleast 25-50w per channel
- the least THD% and most headroom as possible (S/N%)
- two sets of balanced trs inputs instead of RCA that is selectable
- outputs to have speaker outs as well as trs that is selectable

I will be using it for my studio amplifier to power my monitors. I'm guessing I will need to add a stage for the balanced to unbalanced on the input and then another unbalanced to balanced stage on the output. Also I don't know what kind of summing circut to use for the selector switch on the input and output to ensure no added noise. And I would like a line output for a headphone amplifier. Please...... any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Lm4765

Hi ______,

Have a look at National's LM4765 from their Overture series of ChipAmps. It has really good S/N and THD Figures (108dB @ 25W, and 0.009% THD at 1kHz). Slew Rate's not too bad: 12-18V/mS. The '4765 is actually a dual channel chipamp that will easily bridge (for balanced input-output operation) or parallel (for increased drive capability).

Here is the link: http://cache.national.com/ds/LM/LM4765.pdf

Give it a look.

Cheers,

Steve

The TDA7293(4) series have good specs.... 100W@8ohm
THD is 0.005% and 10V/uS SR, its able to do 4 ohm no problem and it has a differential input stage so you can use RCA or balanced pair :) it also has a slave function so you can run several in parallel with no problem and acording to the datasheet it also has a clipping detector built in :) ( I could be mistaken though)

Just my few points

David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.