What Pre-amp has given you good results with your T-Amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm wondering what pre-amp are you using for your T-Amps?

I have removed the volume functionality out of my t-amps, and am now running them at full power.

I have tried several pre-amps and believe I have finally found a clear cut winner.

First I tried the JEC, I purchased it based of a TNT Audio review. I then swapped that out for a Carver C2, then a HK Citation11. Next I purchased a Musical Fidelity, then a Luminous Audio Axiom. I also tried a Bottlehead foreplay.

The only one that truly impressed me, is the passive Luminous Audio Axiom.

I seemed to have the worst results with the Tube pre-amps. The Vintage HK, and Carver introduced a level of distortion. The JEC robbed a portion of the soundstage.

Out of all the above, the Luminous Audio Axiom is my clear cut choice. If you heard it with the T-Amps, you would swear it's not even there.

I liked my valve pre with the class-T amps (I used the Autocostruire 2020). Details of that valve pre are here .

If the valve thing doesnt do it for you, the best SS pre that I have tried is the one I built to go with a Charlize amp. Details can be found on this page .

But is sounds as though you have found your ideal pre so is your question purely academic? ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.