One transformer, two chips

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just recently purchased the lm4780 kit from Audiosector and am curious about how to use one transformer to power both chips. I plan to use THIS transformer to feed both chips. Each chip will be paralleled.

How should I go about using a single transformer to power both chips? I searched for nearly an hour on this subject but haven't found a good answer...

The power supply VCC and VEE (+ve and -ve) of each chip can be paralleled with the respective supply pins of other chip, and can be connected to a DC dual power supply..

As far as ur requirement is concerned the transformer o/p volts and VA is adquate for your requiremnt...U should rectify the dual a/c (25--0--25) with a diode bridge and filter with a pair of Electrolytic capacitors..and fed to the Chips via a pair of fuses..

Joined 2002
Paid Member
No no, this was not a toroidal which I had to experiment to find which leads were which. It was a custom-wound EI with terminal blocks for output, and it worked when not connected, or connected to only one of the rectifiers.

Peter's boards are arranged back-to-back. AC1 and AC2 of opposite boards are next to each other. If you connect thme to each other, it creates a short circuit for AC as each diode conducts to the ground leads for half a cycle.

Connecting AC1 and AC2 of each amp to their corresponding entires on the other side fixed it, so I knew it was the connection and nothing but that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.