A car amp question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.I am new here and i came here via a google's search.
I like your work here and everyone can learn many things here.
Congrats...
I have a question.I would like to build a (good) car amplifier.
Which chip do you suggest me to use?
I've found these:
-TDA1562Q (Phillips)
-TDA7560 (ST).
But i like also and the LM3875 kit (from Audiosector.com) which is a ready kit with PCB's but is there any good transformer from 12-14,4V to xxV ?(the volts needed to work the LM3875 kit).
Thanks in advance.

Preamp

U have to know the output level of your source (the card) and the input signal level required for the amp u will construct. To get the maximum output from this power amp, the input should be equal to or greater than required. If it is greater, the solution is simple. Otherwise a voltage gain circuit (pre amp) will be required.

Gajanan Phadte

Re: Preamp

gmphadte said:
U have to know the output level of your source (the card) and the input signal level required for the amp u will construct. To get the maximum output from this power amp, the input should be equal to or greater than required. If it is greater, the solution is simple. Otherwise a voltage gain circuit (pre amp) will be required.

Gajanan Phadte

I ordered the components for amp.When is ready i will try it and see if a pre amp is required.
Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.