diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Chip Amps (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-amps/)
-   -   National Semiconductor chips in Oz (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-amps/85080-national-semiconductor-chips-oz.html)

MellowTone 21st August 2006 07:55 AM

National Semiconductor chips in Oz

Hi, I've been looking at all the various chip amps designs I could Google and does anyone know if National Semiconductor chips (escecially the LM4780) can be found in Australia? I would order from somewhere like chipamp.com or audiosector.com but I don't have a credit card, and that's all they seem to accept. Any ideas. Cheers, Nic.

rpapps 21st August 2006 08:44 AM

National Semi agents for Victoria.
Give them a call and see what payment options are available.

Arrow Electronics Australia Pty Ltd.
9 -10 Bastow Place,
PO Box 623,
Mulgrave, Victoria 3170, Australia
Tel: (61) 3 9574 9300
Fax: (61) 3 9561 2148

Alternatively, consider using two LM3886's from Altronics.
They have a branch in Springvale.

Cheers
Rob

MellowTone 21st August 2006 08:48 AM

Thanks very much Rob.

And has anyone else in Australia purchased from chapamp.com or audiosector.com? How did that go? How did you pay.

Cheers, Nic.

raromachine 21st August 2006 10:42 AM

Not quite Australia - but I ordered some stuff from audiosector.com (paid via Paypal/Credit Card) and it all went very smoothly. :)

Greg Erskine 21st August 2006 10:59 AM

chapamp.com - Paypal - no problem.

National Semiconductor - samples - no problem.

Stuey 22nd August 2006 01:57 PM

Yep, Chipamp using Paypal - no problem.

glennb 29th August 2006 06:47 AM

Re: National Semiconductor chips in Oz

Quote:

Originally posted by psychocow21
Hi, I've been looking at all the various chip amps designs I could Google and does anyone know if National Semiconductor chips (escecially the LM4780) can be found in Australia? I would order from somewhere like chipamp.com or audiosector.com but I don't have a credit card, and that's all they seem to accept. Any ideas. Cheers, Nic.
Hi Nic. You can order free samples from Nat Semi. I've got a few spare samples of LM4780 and you are welcome to 1 or 2 for free. Call me in Mount Waverley 03 9808 7248 and come around to pick them up.

MellowTone 30th August 2006 01:01 PM

Thanks to all for your input. And to glennb - thanks but I'm never really around that area. Posting mabye? And I may have to move onto a kit from Altronics. See post . I'm not particularly adept at etching pcb boards. Does anyone know how hard it is to make a ChipAmp on stripboard? Cheers, Nic

peranders 30th August 2006 01:07 PM

Re: National Semiconductor chips in Oz

Quote:

Originally posted by psychocow21
...but I don't have a credit card, and that's all they seem to accept. Any ideas. Cheers, Nic.
Why don't you ask someboby you know which has a credit card? :idea:

MellowTone 30th August 2006 01:09 PM

peranders - I have tried this: faliure on all counts :(

Cheers, Nic.