National Semiconductor chips in Oz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I've been looking at all the various chip amps designs I could Google and does anyone know if National Semiconductor chips (escecially the LM4780) can be found in Australia? I would order from somewhere like chipamp.com or audiosector.com but I don't have a credit card, and that's all they seem to accept. Any ideas. Cheers, Nic.

National Semi agents for Victoria.
Give them a call and see what payment options are available.

Arrow Electronics Australia Pty Ltd.
9 -10 Bastow Place,
PO Box 623,
Mulgrave, Victoria 3170, Australia
Tel: (61) 3 9574 9300
Fax: (61) 3 9561 2148

Alternatively, consider using two LM3886's from Altronics.
They have a branch in Springvale.

Cheers
Rob

psychocow21 said:
Hi, I've been looking at all the various chip amps designs I could Google and does anyone know if National Semiconductor chips (escecially the LM4780) can be found in Australia? I would order from somewhere like chipamp.com or audiosector.com but I don't have a credit card, and that's all they seem to accept. Any ideas. Cheers, Nic.

Hi Nic. You can order free samples from Nat Semi. I've got a few spare samples of LM4780 and you are welcome to 1 or 2 for free. Call me in Mount Waverley 03 9808 7248 and come around to pick them up.

Thanks to all for your input. And to glennb - thanks but I'm never really around that area. Posting mabye? And I may have to move onto a kit from Altronics. See post . I'm not particularly adept at etching pcb boards. Does anyone know how hard it is to make a ChipAmp on stripboard? Cheers, Nic

psychocow21 said:
Thanks to all for your input. And to glennb - thanks but I'm never really around that area. Posting mabye? And I may have to move onto a kit from Altronics. See post . I'm not particularly adept at etching pcb boards. Does anyone know how hard it is to make a ChipAmp on stripboard? Cheers, Nic

Snail mail would be OK, just send an email to me thru diyAudio if you wish to discuss further.

LM4780 uses tiny 2mm pin spacing so etching your own PCB or doing it on stripboard would be a real challenge.

LM3886 uses 3.4mm pin spacing so it is much easier to work with. Even point-to-point hard wiring is practical.

glennb said:
LM4780 uses tiny 2mm pin spacing so etching your own PCB or doing it on stripboard would be a real challenge.

LM3886 uses 3.4mm pin spacing so it is much easier to work with. Even point-to-point hard wiring is practical.

I saw one design that put pins onto pads on the top and bottom of the PCB - quite cool, can't remember where I saw it :)

s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.