National Semiconductor chips in Oz - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st August 2006, 03:15 AM   #11
glennb is offline glennb  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by psychocow21
Thanks to all for your input. And to glennb - thanks but I'm never really around that area. Posting mabye? And I may have to move onto a kit from Altronics. See post . I'm not particularly adept at etching pcb boards. Does anyone know how hard it is to make a ChipAmp on stripboard? Cheers, Nic
Snail mail would be OK, just send an email to me thru diyAudio if you wish to discuss further.

LM4780 uses tiny 2mm pin spacing so etching your own PCB or doing it on stripboard would be a real challenge.

LM3886 uses 3.4mm pin spacing so it is much easier to work with. Even point-to-point hard wiring is practical.
Old 31st August 2006, 05:08 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by glennb
LM4780 uses tiny 2mm pin spacing so etching your own PCB or doing it on stripboard would be a real challenge.

LM3886 uses 3.4mm pin spacing so it is much easier to work with. Even point-to-point hard wiring is practical.
I saw one design that put pins onto pads on the top and bottom of the PCB - quite cool, can't remember where I saw it

s
Old 31st August 2006, 07:02 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

hi psychocow21,

You seem a nice bloke, so PM me your address and I'll send you a couple of LM3875 PCBs. These are the very well made chipamp.com PCBs.

regards

Hide this!Advertise here!