Integrated gainclone w/ NOS DAC and SB3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Well this started out a building a mono gainclone absed in Peter's boards. From there i purchased his NOS. Now i am thinking of housing the gainclone board, two transformers, NOS DAC and Squeezebox 3 (as the transport) in a single enclosure.
It is probably totally crazy but i would love the experts here to weigh in on the possibility of executing this project.
I have attached an image which is of a quick sketch mock up i did tonight. The thick bars separating the components would be aluminum bar stock to help contain EMF as well as, im the cas of the gain clone boards, act as heat sinks.
The transformers are 160 VA mounted back to back (vertically to save room).
Any suggestions ideas or cries of alarm would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• integrated gainclone.001.jpg
    integrated gainclone.001.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 396
Nuuk / dsavitsk

Thanks for the feedback. What do you mean by input / output inpedence> I would definilty like to avoid using a pot so the questions arises about adding a buffer.... major newbie question here but waht is a buffer?
I was also thinking about the antenae for the squeezebox. What is the best way of dealing with that. Right now it appears that the metal "c" on the SB3 is the antenae although i have yet to open up the case... tamper proof screws and call.
I i still want to house the PSU in the case, and i assume you mean the amp psu's, althoug the squeezebox does have a small wallwar, what woud be the best way to do this?
And finally. I would naturally be using one AC input, what is the most effective way of splitting the AC power lines to each component once inside the case?
Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.