Low frequency cutoff calculation for Noninverted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Ci = 1/(2*PI*f*Ri) where Pi is equivalent to 3.1416

so:

Ci = 1/(2*3.1416*f*Ri)

f=frequency in Herz
Ri = inputresistance in Ohms
Ci = inputcapacitance, it will be shown in Farads

With this formula you calculate the right capacitor for the -3 dB point i.e. with calculated capacitor you will have 3 db attenuation at given frequency. It is wise to slightly overdimension the cap or to calculate with realistic - 3dB points ;) After all, you will like to have your amp amplifying 20 Hz, the caps main purpose is to block DC in most cases anyway. So I would calculate with a -3 dB point of 10 Hz.

Sherman said:

Technically it is the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter. It is an 'irrational number', when the division is carried out it never ends and never repeats.

For all practical purposes in these formulas just use 3.1416.

The square root of 2 is also an irrational number --

Now here's a toughie -- "What is pie day?" (Hint, pie day does not exist in the EU).

gengcard said:
I want the amplitude is flat at 20Hz so when I calculated the capacitor by input impedance 22k Ohm, I would get 2.2uF from the solution.

Optimally, the f3 point about a decade lower. the phase is going to continue to shift if you target 20Hz -- is it hugely problematic -- no -- take a look at the attached bode plots:

Attachments

• phase.gif
    phase.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 85
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.