Noise level

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In my sub woofer project.... i took the audio signal from the computer... amplified it with a LA 4440 amp send it to the crossover .. stepped down using a resistor cirtuit. ( which MR. Francis Varkey, a member of this forum posted ...see attchment) it works abs fine with stepping down signals for my midrange and tweeters.. . .. then i send the sub woofer signal to TDA 2030 board for amplification ( for the subwoofer exclusivley) .... but

1) there is too much noise and distortionin my sub .. i added a log pot to contol the volume,,,,, but the prob is that i cant actually reduce the volume much..., i mean if it it is to run without much distortion.. i have run that in peak volume... i tried changin theTDA 2030 amp... with an LA4440 amp... but the prob continues... and surpisingly is No prob with my midrange and tweeter using the same circuitry

2) My Tda 2030 is rated as 12 v @ 5 amp... i took the supply from a car battery charger ( ya center tap with ground) .... 15 volt @ 3 amp...is that why the IC is gettin Boilin hot after a couple of minutes of operation.....

3) is is there a any ciruits which can bring distrotions to minimum and increase the performance of my midrange ( pioneer 5 watts each ... from a old Pioneer music system)and tweeters too of the same specification.... and my sub 8" dainty 100 wats rms max

4) is there any prob if i directly use the amp before crossover to power my sub alone... coz the performance is simply superb...( especially the Hotel Carlifornia From Eagles...the drums there sound sooooo gud... and deep ... i ljus luv that) i have other amps connected after crossover to power my midrange and my tweeters...here again the prob is no volume contorl for sub alone.. if i reduce the volume of audio signal from the computer itself.. it will reduce the volume of my tweeters and midrange too...

5) is there any ration b/n the power of the sub used and other speakers...

thank you

Attachments

• attachment.pdf
    4.6 KB · Views: 51
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.