Where can I get, buy or download LM4780 PCB?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
www.audiosector.com
www.chipamp.com (?)

I've bought a set from audiosector and it works well.

For making your own pcbs try searching for Pinkmouse's Single Sided PCB on this forum.

The schematic used is the one from the datasheet I think.

Also look at Mauro Penasa's thread on the LM3886, which is half a LM4780. It's a design that is praised by all that builds it. I'm busy with mine now.

Its got a PCB design in it aswell, also single sided.
For the kit look at twistedpear.com(?) Russ white did a mono version of it.

There should be more......

Making pcb... simple way

U need enamel paint, a brush or a bow pen, a copper clad laminate and ferric chloride
Instead of enamel paint other items like nail polish and indian in pen can be used, but I prefer paint, as is cheap and easy to get in most places.

The method...

Print the copper side of the design at exact size and tape fix it to a cleaned and shining, dried laminate.
Use a sharp object like needle and prick(poke) the holes on the print so that it marks on the copper.
After marking all the holes, remove the paper and looking at the design, draw the tracks on the copper.
If the paint has made extra connections, bridges then clean them using some pointed tool.
In case of an IC like 4780, it may be better to paint short all pins and then clean them up.
Put the solution of ferric chloride in a plastic tray and put the pcb in this solution with copper side up.
Rock the tray up and down on one side like a photographer does while developing.
When the copper is all gone, take out and water clean the board.
Drill the board.

Remember use CAUTION with any chemical and ferric chloride stains your clothes. So wear useless clothes. Also wear protective glasses. Use all precautions.

This is the simplest method possible, but using a paint brush may be difficult. The bow pen is easy.
Bow pen is(was) a pen used by draftmen in olden days and it's ends resembles like thumb and index finger as u look at them. the claw opening is adjustable with a screw.

Gajajan Phadte

traw said:
doing 4780 diy etch is a pain...

go to tech-diy.com and get his boards - can get parallel or bridge.

The gerbers for the bridged board can be found on the AudioXpress website. Feel free to use them. The boards on the TechDIY website are sold at about as low a cost as I can do with a margin which pays for my annual CAD software licenses to EWB. I do this for fun.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.