The Best Sounding DUAL opamps

How about a pair of these full of dual opamps, do they sound good ?

.... hey, this is the lounge :D

Attachments

• A4D631ED-36DB-43FE-8FC2-9B40A44E59ED.jpeg
    A4D631ED-36DB-43FE-8FC2-9B40A44E59ED.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 876
With a good opamp...
Jan

To me, this seems the same as the obscure and indefinable term: 'well designed amplifier'.

I still not see memory distortion or first cycle distortion measurements in op amps datasheet. So opamp rolling remains for a while yet, because it's result is better correlating with listening than constant spectrum signal measurements. :)

Someone have or had answered my post: Not according to their data sheets.
But it seems the post have disappeared. I can understand why.

When have anybody ever been able to evaluate sound by reading a datasheet ????
That is simply to stupid.

The last 40 years we have been told that the 5532 op-amp is the best in the world, maybe based on the datasheet. It sounds like crap, and have always done so. It should be forbidden in Hi-Fi equipment by law.

I have used Sparkos in several applications, and they have alway been performing exceptional.

Only Sparkos I have heard were integrated into Allo Katana DAC to form the output stage. IIUC the folks at Sparkos designed the board for Allo or they collaborated on it. Something like that. SQ was about the same as other ESS-based dacs in that class. It could sound pretty good, but one could get sound just as good from IC opamp designs. Standard opamp for that has pretty much become OPA1612. Some people have more recently started using OPA1656, which are very good, although they are a little less authoritative in the bass. Of course layout and bypass design matter along with the basic circuit as shown on the schematic, its not just the chip.

Last edited: