Did anyone ever make an amp with LM4651/2 Chips?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd like to know it anyone got this design working with the gerbers that national provide. My bosses had some made , but apparantly there was an error on the gerbers.

The guy they got to do it didn't try very hard I think. He said he couldn't find the inductors.... 10 arrived for me 2day as samples.

Wynand said:
I see that a couple of boards are for sale, so they must work.

Has anyone got it working with a home-made board?

Yes I have not fully tested it with a proper power supply (2A limited supply), but it worked fine at the low levels.

The most difficult part I would say is matching up the top and bottom layers. But there is a decent amount of variation allowed since its mostly large devices.

spudspud, that looks pretty nice. Are you using the LM4651/52 chip set? I'd really be intereted in how you got it all working and in stereo. Did you have any beat frequency issues between channels? I am in the USA so I don't know if I can get one shipped over here. Maybe the Gerbers and a BOM list to make my own or something. I would be willing to pay some, of course.

-SL

LM4651, LM4652 circuit boards

Yes, i used lm4651 and lm4652's, no crosstalk cos used accurate resistors to set freq a few kHz apart and seperate psu's. My BOM consists of british bought parts from RS and Farnell, for ease of conformation of conformaty. I used national semiconductors gerbers, but i would be happy to knock some up for yer.
Just trying to drum up some business,......... posted a link on an audio reveiw forum last night, right unfreindly load of yamaha'ed up, punters, who didn't seem to believe my amp existed never mind any claims of audiofile standard. mad eh!!
Anyway back to the chase, you should be able to source everything from mouser or digykey, i used everything for my prototype from there. ;)
http://www.audiofreakamplifiers.com

Thanks for the reply Spudspud. I am mostly interested in a diy project and something that is known to work and work good. It is just more fun to build your own even if it is just putting it all together from a kit like deal. Is there some way we can do like information on a much cheaper price? Basically, all the info and files needed to build my own but no parts or cases or anything like that. Then I can get all the hardware and put it all together. I can get boards fabbed in the USA from the online places for reasonably good cost. I made a mono amp using National's full range and it took some work to get it all working but that was about all I did with these parts. Maybe I didn't use the best filter or something because it sounded only OK. Also, I used just unregulated type supply so under full load it would drop in power since the supply rails were only like 15V each. Does your design use regultated supplies or a switching supply or anything more fancy than a transformer and bridge? Just seems your design is so much better than the one mono amp I made. Nice small case and space usage too, which I really like.

I read all through your site. looks like you have some more cool things coming.

-SL

Gerbers for both LM4651/52 boards are still on National's site. Go here:

http://www.national.com/appinfo/audio/0,1819,968,00.html

Near the top of the list. Use the Full range ones as they are a much better layout. Whether you want subwoofer or full range doesn't really matter on the board but on the external components chosen. Keep in mind the ICs are on lifetime buy so ge them while you can.

-SL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.