Twisted X Overture

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cap values

Hi Russ

I,m putting together a TXO with the layout files you kindly provided in the beginning on this thread.

However i can not seem to find what values the Caps in the Schematic is.

Is it specified somewhere and i just missed it or is there an reason for this not being shown?

Maybe a BOM is around that i could have ? :)

Looking forward to listen to it.

Regards
Z

Re: Cap values

zei said:

Maybe a BOM is around that i could have ? :)

Looking forward to listen to it.

Regards
Z

You are right! I forgot to post the full BOM, here it is. :)

You will notice some of the values are different from the original schematic, that is because I have found the values I am posting here to be better after nearly 5 months of testing. :D

The big electrolytic caps can be any good low ESR cap from 220uf on up to say 1,000uf(if they fit).

I have used 220uf panasonic FMs and FCs as well as 470uf rubycon YXF.

I really hope you enjoy your project. Please keep us posted.

Cheers!
Russ

Attachments

• txo_parts.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 217
low sound and distorsion

Hi Russ (and others ;) )

I finaly finished a home etched TwistedX. Hooked up one channel with laptop as source and crappy speakers..

No smoke.. :D

However.. sound i get is veeeery low (can just hear music) and the music is very distorted..

I,m lost. I have checked values and all seem to be correct,.
What could cause this to be?

I have no clue on where to start the hunt for the problem..

Can anyone help?

/Z
:xeye:

Hi Russ.

The component values is the same as in the BOM you posted in this thread a few posts up :)

And the layout is the singlesided version you kindly provided in the beginning.

I,m using a 2X24V 300VA toroid with 20000uF..

Mmm what else,, that,s it i think..

I,m concerned about if i should connect the minus to ground when not using a balanced signal.. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanx

/Z

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.