Twisted X Overture

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Russ White said:
Hi Max. I am on my laptop this morning working on finishing touches for the first version of this PCB we will be making available as well as a couple of others which will be ordered very soon.

We may need to order a few prototypes for beta testers since I always like to test a new layout before we get them in quantity.

Cheers!
Russ

Sweeet, I'm keen to beta test.
I've almost finished my case for this amp:

Attachments

• img_59781.jpg
    img_59781.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,006
finally

To all who are interested...

Just a note that I finally made some very good progress on the circuit today. That means I got to actually sit down for an hour or two, a rare occurrence these days. I will be sharing more details soon, but for now.....

It is something totally new, and... it does not need to use LM3886, or any particular device for the power stage. The solution will be simple and serve more than one purpose. It will also be modular and the building block for many projects to come.

More info shortly. I am working on some simulations and awaiting some sage advice from trusted friends before I let this thing loose.

Cheers!
Russ

More tidbits

Ok Folks,

A bit more info for you. Attached is a schematic to chew on.

I was curious about other chips and tried some experiments. I created a new amp with OP549, but with the OPA549 running with quite low gain, which makes it very very good since it raises the Bandwidth of the power part of the circuit.

Here is that circuit....

Now keep in mind, this circuit works... but I still have more for you. :D

Cheers!
Russ

Attachments

• txs2.sch.pdf
    46.8 KB · Views: 744
Ed Lafontaine said:

Mongo think Russ try to tease him...:(... Mongo never like waiting to open presents

Ed Lafontaine said:
http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/opa549.html

8A continuous...9V/uS

Mongo scratches chin...breathes a heavy sigh...thinks about clearing the table

OK Ed for you here is my last tidbit of the night... :)

The attached circuit is EXTREMELY versatile.

Here are a few things you could make with it....

1) A fully symmetrical driver for a bridged power amp.
2) A single ended to balanced signal converter.
3) A balanced output preamp.

Cheers!
Russ

P.S. Still more to come..... :D he he he

Attachments

• driver1.sch.pdf
    34.5 KB · Views: 458
Seeing some action - what does that mean? :) Is it possible to come up with any date as to when Twisted Overture will be available? Don’t want to sound to impatient, and I know that you can't guarantee anything, but do you know if we are talking weeks or perhaps months?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.