diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Chip Amps (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-amps/)
-   -   TDA7293 Based amp (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-amps/81036-tda7293-based-amp.html)

silverchris 7th June 2006 03:17 PM

TDA7293 Based amp

Hi I am in the proccess of building a amp based on the TDA7293. I am planning on using 2 per channel. I was wonder how do people that used them think they sound? This is my first DIY build and it is using mostly salvaged components from an old amp. :) I probably don't have enough filtering in the PS because I am only using 2 10000 uf caps. But I plan on doing upgrades to it after I am done building it. it is probably gonna have alittle bit over 60V power rails. These little chips are a pain in the *** to desolder any tips?
Thanks,
Silverchris

BTW: This looks like a great site so far!

richie00boy 7th June 2006 03:29 PM

I don't think you really want to use 2 per channel? That would mean 4 chips for a stereo amp.

10,000uF PSU is fine.

After having used desolder braid I would never attempt desoldering with out it now.

silverchris 7th June 2006 04:29 PM

This is what I am using for a schematic. Exept with only 2 of them instead of the three. I have tried desoldering braid on them but it is still being a PITA lol. I guess it will be a fight all the way with them. That is good to here about the PSU :)
Thanks,
Silverchris

silverchris 7th June 2006 04:37 PM

Woops the transformer I am using is only a 25-0-25 lol and I cant see why when it is rectified it comes out to around 70 but that is for another thread.

chris7916 7th June 2006 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by silverchris
Woops the transformer I am using is only a 25-0-25 lol and I cant see why when it is rectified it comes out to around 70 but that is for another thread.
Maybe because 50 (i.e. 25+25) * sqr(2) = 70.7 ?

Hope it helps :D

Christian

silverchris 8th June 2006 11:35 AM

ah thanks. I was searching for that formula but couldn't get the search terms right. I was just thinking is that to much power for this chip? DataSheet
Sorry this is my first build and I don't want to blow anything up :) :hot:

Wynand 8th June 2006 11:48 AM

I just downloaded the PDF. It says up to +-50V rails so you are ok.

P.S. look in the PDF from ST, there are some PCB layouts for you to use.

silverchris 8th June 2006 12:36 PM

I am doing this first test on perf board to see if i like it then I might buy a eching kit from rat shack. Working on the PSU now :) :)

speaker 9th June 2006 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by silverchris
This is what I am using for a schematic.
I am blind I guess, I see no way to download your schematic.

:xeye:

silverchris 9th June 2006 01:37 PM

Lets Try again This is what I am planning on building. I guess if I want more power all i need to do is get a bigger transformer and more chips and heatsinks :)