TDA1554Q Questions....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I have been workign on a TDA1554Q based amplifier (based on the datasheet schematic for the 2x 22W amp) and have a few questions..
1) there is a pin on the chip for powe rsupply ripple regection and in the single ended amplifer int he datasheet it has a capacitor to ground but in the bridged amp it isnt used, currently i am not useing the pin but would it be a good idea for me to ad say a 10uF cap to ground from this pin?
2) I have read most people recomend useing a 10uF electrolutic as input caps but on the datasheet it is a 0.22uF capacitor, i am currently useing a 1uF capacitor (blue thingie, bought a bag of 500 on ebay think they are polystyrene or polyester or something?) and i like the sound but would there be any benefits from changeing to a larger value electrolytic capacitor in this position bearing in mind that they usually sound pretty bad in the signal path?
3) this is one i have wondered about for some time but what able would be best to use from the input rca's to the chip? i usually use shielded signal cable but some people have been saying that a cat5 pair is good... i have loads of cat5 cable so would i be better off useing cat5 or would i be better off buying in some more shielded cable?
many thanks in advance,
Owen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.