Want to know replacment of STK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

I am fan of STK based amps. I was out of touch from some years. but now when I want to build an amp for me, the STKs are not easily avaiable in my local market (4191 II, 4192 II, 4231 II, 4241). Now I want information from you guys that which chips can I use for an amp equal or better then STKs and easy to build like STK amps.

Thanks
:confused:

I can get a lot of STK chips for you.

Dear sir,

I work as a service technican and therfore I can get a lot of rare parts. Also a lot of STK chips. I tried to search to get a list, but it's just to long.

If you pay the chip(s) and postage I will buy 'em for you.

The company that sell's them is norwegian only, and send's just to norway.
Here is the adress is www.bleken.no

Now, here is what I want: Can you give me a tip of a good stk amp? They look so cool!

Best regards,

Magnus

Hi Hugo,

Thanks for the tip. Seem's like it is another thing I have to call 'em for.
I always call them to hear the manufacture of their transistor if it is some types that there is made fake parts of. They have never lied to me before. If anyone interested I'll give them a call. Also, some of the STK chips are the replacement for Onkyo, Grundig and so on. Those must be safe?
Thanks again, it's people like you that make electronic's a little bit easyer. Not only for the hobbyist, but also as a service technican.

Best regards,

Magnus

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Makofoed-6sn7 said:
Also, some of the STK chips are the replacement for Onkyo, Grundig and so on. Those must be safe?
Indeed, they are listed as original parts and if you order these, they order it from Onkyo, Grundig...
Problem is that these parts are often utterly expensive.
Compare these prices to a modern LM chip and you know what to buy. :)

/Hugo

Hi again,

Yeah, the price is expensive for orginal parts. Bleken is the only one that have Grundig parts in norway. Those are OK priced. I'm not log'd in so I can't see any price's. I have to go to work later(On a sunday of all things...) and I will chek then.
I remeber we bought some NJM2068 orginal from Onkyo becouse they were out of the oem type. When the bill came we got a shock! But they were veeery neat packed. In invidual cardboard boxes, a antistatic and a pinout diagram...
A lot of parts we order are packed invidual... Wonder how much cheaper it would be if they tossed all in one bag.

We are living in a mad world.

Best regards,
Magnus

Netlist said:

Indeed, they are listed as original parts and if you order these, they order it from Onkyo, Grundig...

Doubt they order from Grundig?, Grundig ceased trading 2-3 years ago. The name has recently resurfaced though, it's been bought by a consortium of Beko/Alba to put on cheap crap they sell - I notice it's now in the local supermarkets here in the UK.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Sure, I only took Magnus' brands as examples. Could be anything, Philips, Sony, Samsung...name it. :) That's ASWO's policy in general. You can buy cheap non-genuine parts, and the brand names. Their database is made for the repair technician. He got a amplifier from, say, Kenwood and can look via the manual's part list # and type it in ASWO's database. This returns the 'original' Kenwood part and lists a cheap replacement as well.

/Hugo

Hello all,

I have now call'd Bleken Elektronikk and asked about a few STK types that I know are "audiophile" or at leat used by 'em. They told me that they have some that looks orignal and a lot of types that look's a bit supect. So I can get some orginals for them who want's it.
The price vary from about 10US$ and up to 100US$ for det most expensive types. The most expensive one are about 300w I think.

So, now you guys know that I can get some types for you.

But I wonder what the difference between real and fakes are.
I have replaced some of the STK chips by now and they have all worked fine. I don't know if the one's I changed were fakes.

Let me know if anyone need some STK chips.

Best regards,

Magnus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.