Chip Amp Photo Gallery

A few pages back i showed the start of my bpa 300 for my subwoofer. The amplifier will have a dual purpose. It will be swticheable beteen bridge and stereo more.

The filter circuit containing a linkwitz transform and parametric EQ can be switcheable. this circuit also contains the inverting and non inverting output for bridge mode.

In the last photo you can see it sitting next to my other gainclones.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Not an amp but a fun pic my buddy took of a couple LME49720HA opamps on a dirty MDF workbench at my shop.

Attachments

• 38361_433534276648_675336648_4815966_4629548_n.jpg
    38361_433534276648_675336648_4815966_4629548_n.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 1,885
My finished LM3875 dual mono Audiosector premium kit. Passive attenuator is an Alps Blue (50k dual log, with a 47k metal film shunt). Dual input, dual output. It also contains a Sekerez designed class A, single MOSFET (per channel) headphone amp, which is completely switched out of the Gainclone circuit.

Chris.

Attachments

• ore internal.JPG
    ore internal.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 872
  • power internal.JPG
    power internal.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 800
  • amps.JPG
    amps.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 710
  • pre rear.JPG
    pre rear.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 409
  • pre front.JPG
    pre front.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 486
  • power rear.JPG
    power rear.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 494
Looks great!

A newbie question. What is the purpose of the 47K shunt resistor before the pot?

You'll notice that the pot is connected to the ground connection. The 47k resistor and the 50k pot make up a simple voltage divider network. The output (to the power amp) is taken from the centre of the voltage divider network. This means that none of the signal goes through the wiper of the pot. The pot is effectively out of the system, which in my opinion yields sonic improvements.

Chris.

You'll notice that the pot is connected to the ground connection. The 47k resistor and the 50k pot make up a simple voltage divider network. The output (to the power amp) is taken from the centre of the voltage divider network. This means that none of the signal goes through the wiper of the pot. The pot is effectively out of the system, which in my opinion yields sonic improvements.

Chris.

dude, I am so trying that

Chris.

Very nice amp there. I have a question about your heat sinks. Do they get hot? I think they are too small. I would put one big one.

My LM4875 build

My build. One is finished, another one to go. I am waiting for a power switch for the front and then it is completely finished. It is a dual mono amp and i need two o these for my active stup.

The R-core transfomers are 200VA a piece. The amps com from Peter Daniel. Each channel uses a bridged LM4875 for my balanced setup.

Before i start on the second identical chipamp, i will first finish the prototype of my pre amp with integrated passive crossover. It features
- Balanced circuit
- 6 balanced B1 buffers (+3 if a subwoofer crossover is added)
- Modular PLLXO passive crossovers, between the B1 buffers
- battery power supply
- a 46 step attenuator
- transformers for unbalanced to balanced conversion
You can see more on this thread: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/153447-two-b1-crossover-new-post.html

Attachments

• CIMG4209.jpg
    CIMG4209.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 2,030
  • CIMG4207.jpg
    CIMG4207.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 1,916
  • CIMG4204.JPG
    CIMG4204.JPG
    975.7 KB · Views: 1,865