Chip Amp Photo Gallery

Attachments

• 2403_worshipper.gif
    2403_worshipper.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 3,301
thanks...I have a little knowledge but i learn every day something new.

I`m very satisfied with sound. These are my diy speakers that i made when i had 17. years..i put the big distance between tweeter and midbass but the filter will fix that. :( ...drivers are westra xv-165-1398-8 and tweeter TVM arv-104-04/8

http://img.w3dizajn.net/images/IMGP0335fxfh.jpg
http://img.w3dizajn.net/images/IMGP0355g2n3.jpg

sorry for putting images of speakers in the chip amp threid. :)

Thought I'd post some pictures of my current project. It is a basic bridge-parallel implementation of the NSC LM3886. I have designed the boards to be as modular as possible. I am at the testing stage.

Pile of unseperated, unassembled boards:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Single amplifier board:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Buffer board:

Power supply board:

Soft start board:

* The 10 pin IDC connector attaches to a uC board, not pictured.

Enough assembled boards for a whole stereo amplifier:

Anyway, really looking forward to testing these. Just waiting on the heatsinks, should be done any day now.

Anton

this is a rev.A lm3875 gainclone with PS and a big 300va 2x25v toroid in a hifi2000 enclosure, no pot, planning on using a pre (still undecided, probably a millet hybrid for now...maybe a kumisa soon).

i would apreciate some comments, specially regarding wiring, as i used what i had on hand.

Attachments

• p1010036s.jpg
    p1010036s.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 3,080
mekanoplastik said:
...i would apreciate some comments.....

A dab of heatsink grease since the chip is on a groove, and a washer to help spread the pressure of the screw holding the chip down.

Those are suggestions, not requirements.

I "personally" would have used different color wires for the ps to avoid potential confusion but then, some times I can be... well, you know.

Absolutely beautiful execution.

bego2 said:
My first working amplifier:D

gainclone lm3886

http://img.w3dizajn.net/viewer.php?file=P10001902jkc.jpg
http://img.w3dizajn.net/images/P1000189teeq.jpg

i used the cheapest capacitors and the sound is beautiful...i`m 18. years old and i doesn`t have lots of money to buy a excellent parts.

:cool:

Finally! There aren’t only old man (and women?) here! Haha :clown:
Since I discovered this forum, I’m getting very interested in the whole DIY audio thing.
I’m 19 and just finished my first amp, it will suddenly not be my last.

specs:
Transformer: 500VA toroidal (22V-0V-22V)
Rectifier: 8 x MUR860 (with 100nF capacitors and heatsinks)
Buffer capacitors: 25mF per rail (50mF total)
Amplifier: 2 x Bridged LM3886 setup (BR100)

Will do an approximately 100W to 120W per channel at 8Ohm.
I can't say anything about the quality of the sound because I still haven’t got good source/pre amp/speakers (any volunteers?).
All I can say the sound is very detailed, and it's _very_ powerful!

I really learned a lot of this project, for example that 200W is completely useless.
Normally I use 500mW and playing very loud maximum 10W, if I knew this I probably had build the single LM3886 setup.

Enough talking, here are the pictures:

Clickable

Clickable

Clickable

Clickable

Clickable

Clickable

Clickable

Clickable

Clickable

The back plate is cut with an CNC water jet (I only made the Autocad drawling), heat sink is done manually.

Now I'm gonna build a preamp in an identical housing only less high. It will have an embedded system (8051) and perhaps a DAC.

Thanks for making this possible for me, keep up the good work!:worship:
Founded feedback is always welcome...

Robert